This program introduces Agile Values & Principles, Scrum Framework, Acceptance Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, Test Driven Development, Refactoring, Emergent Design, Agile Architecture, Collaboration, and refactoring techniques to the audience and follows a life cycle approach where participants get to learn how to practice these in real-life projects. Participants learn to implement TDD on a project developing in either java, .net, ruby, python or C++ framework. The workshop also covers how to effectively work on legacy code and break dependencies. The expected business outcome is readable, maintainable code going forward as well as reduction defects.
- Product development using Scrum framework
- Complementary practices to improve effectiveness of Scrum
- Deep understanding of the rules of Scrum
- Agile requirement management using Specification by Examples
- Write executable requirement with the help of BDD and ATDD
- Write testable code using Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Refactoring code and Refactor to patterns
- DevOps practices to improve delivery and deployment
- Emergent design to keep the framework and design simple
- Team collaboration using pair programming and mob programming
- Remote Team practices while working in distributed team setup
Why Choose Us?
- Free Webinar Every Week on Your Choice of Topics
- Continuous Learning Support by Agile 30 Community
- Unlock Free Access to online courses of worth $450
- Complete hands-on session on Agile engineering practices
- Learn with Scrum simulation games, coding practice and multiple TDD examples
To earn a CSD, we require at least five days of formal training taught by a Scrum Alliance Registered Education Provider (REP®) and a Scrum Alliance-approved CSD instructor.
There are currently two tracks to achieve CSD certification (detailed below). The courses for both tracks can be taken in any order. Once you complete a track, you will receive notification to accept your CSD license, and the CSD certification will be added to your profile. Your certification is valid for two years.
• CSM® course (2 days)
• CSD technical course, including coding (3 days)
• Intro to Scrum CSD course (1 day)
• CSD technical course, including coding (3 days)
• CSD technical elective course (1 day)
During your CSD courses, you must demonstrate an understanding of Scrum and Agile engineering practices by passing a CSD assessment provided by the REP instructor. The assessment may be an exam administered by the instructor to test your knowledge, or it may be an active, classroom-based assessment. When a REP instructor uploads a student’s information into our system, they are recommending the student for certification.
Maintain your CSD certification by earning Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and renewing your certification every two years.
Who Should Attend?
This Training is for developers and teams interested in agile engineering practices and for everybody who wants to master the technical challenges of the Scrum framework. The training connects a hands-on experience with the Scrum philosophy.
- IT professionals
- Business Analysts
- QA testers
- Project/Product Managers
- CSM Credential Holders
- Introduction to Scrum Framework, Elements of Scrum
- Test-Driven Development – why, what and how
- TDD Cycle – Red, Green and Refactor
- Drive the development (design and implementation) of a User Story
- Learn the concept of Emergent Design and why emergent design
- How TDD helps you design software
- Why testing first is better than testing after
- Overview of Refactoring, Clean Code principle and Refactoring to Patterns
- Software design – going deeper in SOLID design Principles
- How to use mocking frameworks
- Behavior Driven Development using SpecFlow/Cucumber
- Specification by Examples using Gherkin language
- Writing Scenarios and Scenario Outlines
- Preparing Steps using xUnit framework
- Difference between TDD and BDD
- How to setup BDD practices within the Scrum team
Note: Hands-on activities (60-70%) and discussion on mentioned topics (30-40%). Hands-on activities include writing unit tests, code, writing examples and some group creativity activities.
Agenda for 5 days
Agile and Scrum Framework
- What is time-boxing and why time-boxing?
- What is the Empirical Process?
- Scrum Framework – in Brief
- Introduction to a class project
- Introduction to project infrastructure
- Scrum Roles
- Definition of Done
- Prepare product backlog
- Refine product backlog
- Identify MVP & MMF
- Ordering product backlog
Agile Estimation & Planning
- Why estimate and how to estimate?
- Relative Estimation
- Estimating Product Backlog
- Preparing Release plan
Sprint Simulation using ALM Tools
- Sprint simulations
- Agile Metrics & Reporting
- Team dynamics and dysfunction
- Introduction to Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS)
Specification by Examples Workshop
- Challenges in Collaboration between Business and Development Team
- How to write better Specification
- Why Examples needed for specification
- Writing Examples in Gherkin
ATDD and BDD workshop
- Principles of Acceptance Test-Driven Development
- Consequences of ATDD on the Sprint Planning and Sprint Review
- Principles of Behavior Driven Development Practising BDD with Cucumber/Behave/SpecFlow: installation, writing features, testing and reporting
- Role of Product Owner and crew when writing scenarios acceptance
- Test-Driven Development (TDD) approach and its benefits
- Improving the quality and design of the code by TDD
- Different types of tests: unit, integration, functional
- Understand the life cycle of a test in the Unit Testing framework
- Respect of the principle of isolation and control of test results
- The mocks or simulate how the code Device code tested
- Use of simulation frameworks
- The methodology of correcting a Bug
- Automate the execution of Unit Test
- Generating reports
- Integration with Build Tool and IDE
- Definition and principles of frameworks
- Emergent Design
- Principle of scalability and implementation
- The consequence of technical debt and the risk of “breaking” the code
- Where? When? How refactoring?
- 3 stages of refactoring
- Support of TDD and ATDD during refactoring
- Best practices and limitations
- Working with legacy code
- Principles, environment and infrastructure
- Branching strategies and patterns for continuous integration.
- Solutions for Continuous Integration: Hudson, Jenkins, Cruise Control, Bamboo, TeamCity, Apache Continuum
- Dashboard and health projects
- Architecture and extension principle
- Installation, configuration and use of Jenkins
- Automated Builds with Jenkins
- Automation Testing with JUnit (TDD) and Cucumber (BDD/ATDD)
- Importance of Agile testing
- Ensure better quality product sprint by sprint
- Test Automation Frameworks
- Test quadrants and test pyramids
- Continuous Delivery and Deployment – Why and How?
- DevOps Introduction
- ALM tools for Development Team such as Jira
All participants will be receiving a Certified Scrum Developer certificate. Maintain your CSD certification by earning Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and renewing your certification every two years
- In order to earn a CSD®, we require at least five days of formal training taught by a Scrum Alliance Registered Education Provider (REP) and a Scrum Alliance Authorized Instructor.
- CSM holders can skip the first 2 days and undertake the 3-day Technical Training alone.
- Laptops/Desktops with required software and internet connection. The software will be provided by the facilitator.
Contact Course Advisor
Ready to start working as a Certified Scrum Developer? Agilemania offers a 5-days CSD training, aimed at software developers (programmers) who are building software in a Scrum environment. If you are new to this role, don’t know where to start?
We are Registered Education Provider (REP) from Scrum Alliance and our consultants are authorized to facilitate CSD training globally. We facilitate Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) in Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Philippines, and India.
What Participants Have to Say About Our Trainer
See the class schedule below, for more information contact us at email@example.com
24 - 26
(9:00 AM to 5:00 PM IST)
CSD Training and Certification FAQ's
Seasoned agilists all set to help organizations realize suprior way of implementation and execution.
Scrum is rapidly emerging as the desired approach to product development, and the Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) credential is given to those who have demonstrated through formal training and a technical assessment that they have a thorough grasp of Scrum principles. To succeed with Scrum, teams must have very specific skills and capabilities. They must be able to break down functionality into small blocks which fit into sprints and develop high-quality software that is flexible enough to be changed easily.
No, your certification fee is included in the workshop fee.
The CSD certification is valid for 2 years.
Agilemania is a leading registered education provider (REP) of Scrum Alliance offering knowledge and expertise to corporate organizations and professionals across the globe. We frequently conduct CSD training in all the other cities as well across the globe and here are a few listed for your reference: Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Philippines, and India.
Yes, you can change the city, place, and date for any classroom training before 10 days of the scheduled workshop. For more information, please go through our Rescheduling Policy.
- A Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) is a senior individual within the Scrum community who has attained Certified Scrum Trainer status through the ScrumAlliance. Stringent certification requirements are imposed on those earning their CST’s; all must be active contributors in the Scrum community, typically co-train with multiple other CST’s for knowledge transfer, and demonstrate a keen understanding of Scrum through multiple years of successful application in professional environments.
- Agilemania Consultant go one step further; all of our Consultants have both technical and business backgrounds, and derive successful training expertise from hundreds of client-site coaching engagements.
Please Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or join our Live Chat for instant support, call us, or Request a Call Back to have your query resolved.