In this three-day course, attendees will gain practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations and Lean Governance.
Participants in the course will have the opportunity to capture the current and the future state of their portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the future state. Participants will be able to establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize initiatives for maximum economic benefit. The course also provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance.
After attending the course attendees should be able to:
- Describe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Establish the Portfolio Vision
- Implement Lean Budgeting and Guardrails
- Establish flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with Agile PMO and CoPs
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure the LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
- Introducing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Implementing the LPM function
- Executives and Leaders (CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, CTOs and VPs)
- Enterprise Architects
- Product Managers and Solution Managers
- Business Unit Managers
- Program Office Personnel
- SPCs and Enterprise Agile Coaches
- Human Resources
- Epic Owners
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Printed workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend all three days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, the following recommendations will make the training more productive.
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Attended a Leading SAFe or SAFe PO/PM course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Exam name: SAFe Lean Portfolio Manager Exam
- Exam format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Lean Portfolio Management course
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 60
- Passing Score: 42 out of 60 (70%)
- Language: English
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Very useful training by Naveen on what SCRUM is and a PSM. Within the 2 days I came from zero-knowledge to comprehend what SCRUM is, the corresponding techniques associated and where it can be usefully applied. Naveen provided a no-nonsense approach training with an entertaining mix of theory, exercises and examples from his apparent expertise on this subject and without overselling the SCRUM subject (it is a tool for effective software development!)
Throughout our two day PSM I course, I’ve learn a wealth of knowledge from Naveen. He was very insightful and attentive to each of the participant. Naveen made sure that everyone understood the concepts. The course was both educational and entertaining. It was filled with activities, stories, and thought-provoking questions. I am now a certified Professional Scrum Master and I have Naveen to thank for it! I would also be glad to refer Naveen Kumar Singh to anyone else interested in Agile training.