Professional Agile Leadership - Essentials (PAL-E)
Register NowBecoming an agile organization is a profound transformation that requires senior leaders, middle managers, and agile team members to change the way that they organize their work, manage that work, and measure the results of the work. Agile teams cannot do this on their own; they need help from the entire organization. The changes for all involved are profound, but so are the results when everyone’s goals and ways of working are aligned.
Professional Agile Leadership is a 2-day workshop organization leaders, senior and middle management. The workshop provides a foundation for the role that leaders play in creating the conditions for a successful agile transformation. Leaders and managers are critical enablers in helping their organizations be successful, yet the role of leaders and managers in an agile organization can be quite different from what they are used to.
This workshop will equip leaders and managers to help their organizations change by providing participants with:
- An overview of what “Agile Transformation” is, why organizations need it to survive and thrive in a changing world
- Practical skills for helping to guide and coach agile teams, and to help them remove impediments during agile transformation
- An understanding of how to measure the benefits and impacts of agility in your organization
- What takes to become a servant leader from traditional manager to manage change more effectively
- Change is hard and become harder without motivated people so how to motivate the team during change
- An understanding of how culture and values influence your organization’s ability to reap the benefits of agility
- An understanding of how Agile addresses the root causes of business uncertainty and IT project failure and/or dissatisfied customers
- The ability to compare and contrast Agile practices with alternative business practices and discuss how Agile fosters a culture of innovation and enhances financial performance
- An understanding of how to help form and support agile teams using an empirical approach to product delivery
- An understanding of typical challenges that agile teams face and how to support them by removing impediments
This workshop uses a combination of instruction and team-based exercises to help participants learn how to form and support agile teams to achieve better results, and how to lead the cultural and behavioral changes that organizations must make to reap the benefits of an agile product delivery approach. Training will share how to lead the cultural and behavioral changes that organizations must make to reap the benefits of an agile organization.
- The means to identify the potential opportunities and impacts of Agile Adoption
- Need of Agile Leadership skills during change
- Purpose for Organizational Agility
- Change the System: Creating an Agile Environment
- Steer from the Edges: Facilitating a Self-Managing Culture
- The Agile Organization: Building a Lean Enterprise
- The fundamental elements & principles to make change successful
- The difference between a traditional Manager and an Agile Leader
- Several applicable, practical implementation-tips for becoming an Agile Leader
- How to develop an education roadmap for the different roles in an Agile team
- How to measure the success of an Agile team
- Success/failure criteria for an Agile transformation
- Challenges of an Agile leader
- Leaders grow Agility
Who Should Attend?
The Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course is designed for managers and those in leadership roles who are responsible for the introduction and establishment of Agile methods and techniques in an IT organization/division.
- Manager/leader, responsible for leading one/more agile teams, including Scrum Masters, Product Owners and members of a Development Team
- You are a (HR/PMO) manager/leader, responsible for developing people in the agile teams
- Senior Executive, acting as a sponsor for the Agile transformation and want to know how to develop the leadership for the Agile transformation
All participants completing the Professional Agile Leadership – Essentials course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Agile Leadership I (PAL I) certification assessment. PAL-E class participants who attempt the PAL I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
PMI PDU Credits
Students of courses are able to claim the Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 14 PDUs after attending a two-day Essential Agile Leadership course. Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing an assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI’s “Education courses provided by other third-party providers” category. You can claim your PDUs online at https://ccrs.pmi.org.
|Sep 30 - Oct 1||Singapore, Singapore||Naveen Kumar Singh||
Very useful training by Naveen on what SCRUM is and a PSM. Within the 2 days I came from zero-knowledge to comprehend what SCRUM is, the corresponding techniques associated and where it can be usefully applied. Naveen provided a no-nonsense approach training with an entertaining mix of theory, exercises and examples from his apparent expertise on this subject and without overselling the SCRUM subject (it is a tool for effective software development!)
Throughout our two day PSM I course, I’ve learn a wealth of knowledge from Naveen. He was very insightful and attentive to each of the participant. Naveen made sure that everyone understood the concepts. The course was both educational and entertaining. It was filled with activities, stories, and thought-provoking questions. I am now a certified Professional Scrum Master and I have Naveen to thank for it! I would also be glad to refer Naveen Kumar Singh to anyone else interested in Agile training.