Professional Scrum Developer (PSD) Training in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The 3-day Professional Scrum Developer (PSD) training provides a real-world view of what it is like to build software with Scrum. Throughout the course, students collaborate together as a team in a series of Sprints where they apply modern engineering practices, and use the Scrum framework to cope with changes. Over the 3 days, students learn how to develop increments of potentially releasable functionality from a realistic Product Backlog.
Students concurrently do requirements engineering, design, development, testing, integration, and deployment within a single iteration. The course teaches how Agile engineering practices and supportive ALM tools improve a team’s capabilities even more.
The course is available in .Net/C#, Java, C++, MEAN, Embedded C, Mobile Apps, Python, Ruby and functional programming technologies, or trainers can work with your specific technology stack to make the course meet your specific needs.
- Using Scrum
- Working within a Scrum Team • De nition of Done
- Development Practices
- Test Driven Development
- Pair Programming
- Code Review
- Using ALM tools with Scrum
- Introduction to Scrum Framework, Elements of Scrum
- Test Driven Development – why, what and how
- TDD Cycle – Red, Green and Refactor
- Drive the development (design and implementation) of a User Story
- Learn concept of Emergent Design and why emergent design
- How TDD helps you design software
- Why testing first is better than testing after
- Overview of Refactoring, Clean Code principle and Refactoring to Patterns
- Software design – going deeper in SOLID design Principles
- How to use mocking frameworks
- Behavior Driven Development using SpecFlow/Cucumber
- Specification by Examples using Gherkin language
- Writing Scenarios and Scenario Outlines
- Preparing Steps using xUnit framework
- Difference between TDD and BDD
- How to setup BDD practices within Scrum team
- ALM – It can either Jira, Team Foundation Server, VersionOne, Trello or Rally
- Continuous Integration – Jenkins, Bamboo, TFS, CircleCI, Team city or Hudson etc.
- ATDD/BDD – Cucumber, Specflow, Behave, Behat, CucumberJS
- TDD – Nunit, Junit, CPPUnit, Rspec etc.
- DevOps – Vagrant, Docker, Ansible, Nagios, Splunk etc.
Key Learning Activities
Hands-on activities (60-70%) and discussion on mentioned topics (30-40%). Hands-on activities include writing unit test, code, writing examples and some group creativity activities.
The Professional Scrum Developer course is intended for all members of a Scrum Development Team; architects, programmers, database developers, testers, and others with some technical knowledge. The class focuses on using technology to deliver software in Increments.
This course has the Professional Scrum Developer (PSD) as associated credential. All participants completing the Professional Scrum Developer course receive a password to take the PSD assessment.
This industry-recognized certification requires a minimum passing score on the associated rigorous assessment. Scrum.org maintains a public list with everyone holding a PSD credential.
Upcoming Events in Your City
PROFESSIONAL SCRUM MASTER (PSM)
Nov 27 – Nov 28
Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO)
Nov 29 – Nov 30
CERTIFIED LESS BASICS (CLB)
Very useful training by Naveen on what SCRUM is and a PSM. Within the 2 days I came from zero-knowledge to comprehend what SCRUM is, the corresponding techniques associated and where it can be usefully applied. Naveen provided a no-nonsense approach training with an entertaining mix of theory, exercises and examples from his apparent expertise on this subject and without overselling the SCRUM subject (it is a tool for effective software development!)
Sir Naveen is knowledgeable in both Scrum framework, and agile development practices, I attended the PSD course conducted by Sir Naveen and had a few good discussions with him on software engineering topic, it helps me to solidify my existing knowledge as well as build up new development skill sets. I would highly recommend him.