Professional Scrum Developer™ (PSD) Training
|Nov 14 - Nov 16||Petaling Jaya, Malaysia||
The Professional Scrum Developer (PSD) course is THE course that teaches how to create great software using the Scrum framework. Students learn how to develop increments of potentially releasable functionality from a realistic Product Backlog. Students concurrently do requirements engineering, design, development, testing, integration, and deployment within a single iteration. The course teaches how Agile engineering practices and supportive ALM tools improve a team’s capabilities even more.
The workshop introduces the mechanics of Scrum and provides insights into complexity, team-based collaboration and self-organization as essential elements in mastering Scrum. Participants will learn how the Scrum framework improves product development and delivery. From its emphasis on practical application the course exposes common missteps, increases the awareness of the associated symptoms, and provides prescriptive guidance to avoid going off track.
Is this for me?
This course suitable for you if you are a,
- Scrum Master
- Team Lead
- Business Analyst
- Software Architect
- Software Engineer
- QA Engineer
- Project Manager
There is no prerequisite but good to read Scrum Guide before attending this work. Scrum Guide freely available here.
What will this course cover?
- Empirical Process Control & Scrum Framework
- Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
- Product Backlog Refinement and Estimation
- Running Spikes on Complex stories
- Specification by Examples Workshop
- Principles of Acceptance Test Driven Development
- Practicing BDD – installation, writing features, testing and reporting
- Test Driven Development (TDD) workshop
- TDD life-cycle and hands-on experience on TDD
- Consequence of technical debt and risk of “breaking” the code
- Introduction to Continuous Integration
- Branching strategies and patterns for continuous integration.
- Installation, configuration and use of Continuous Integration Tools
- Continuous Delivery and Deployment – Why and How?
- DevOps Introduction and Developer role in DevOps
This course has the Professional Scrum Developer level I (PSD I) as associated credential. All participants completing the Professional Scrum Developer course receive a password to take the PSD I assessment.
This industry-recognized certification requires a minimum passing score on the associated rigorous assessment. Scrum.org maintains a public list with everyone holding a PSD I credential.
If you, as a participant, complete the Scrum Certification Assessment within 14 days after the end of the seminar and achieve less than 85% (ie have failed the exam), you will be given the opportunity to conduct the exam again free of charge.