Professional Scrum Master™ is the cutting-edge course for effective Scrum Masters and for anyone coaching a team towards increased efficiency and effectiveness. PSM training in Houston, TX is a 2-day course that covers the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum framework, and the role of the Scrum Master in it. This course is a combination of instructions and team-based exercises and teaches what is at the heart of the Scrum and Agile movement. Throughout the course, students are challenged to think in terms of the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when returning to the workplace. The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master I certification exam (PSM I).
Why Choose Us?
- 10% Discount on Any Future Training
- Simulation Test to Prepare for Exam
- A Guide on How to Start Scrum on Your Team
- Free Scrum Framework Poster to All Participants
- Unlock Free Access to Online Courses of Worth $450
- 1:1 Mentoring by PSTs to Improve Your Scrum
- Continuous Learning Support by “Agile 30”
- Effectively start using Scrum
- Increase the effectiveness of Scrum underway
- A clear understanding of the rules of Scrum through the empirical foundation of Scrum
- Act as Scrum Masters for Scrum Teams and stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership
PSM Certification Process
- Register for PSM Training
- Attend 2 Days' Instructor Led Training
- Get Free Exam Password
- Write Online PSM Exam
- Clear Exam
- Get PSM Certification With Lifetime Validity
Who Should Attend?
The Professional Scrum Master course is for anyone involved in software development using the Scrum Framework. It is particularly beneficial for those people within an organization, who is accountable for maximizing Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum Team members.
- Software Engineers
- Scrum Team Members
- Product Managers
- Developers and Testers
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Teams transitioning to Scrum
- To build a career as a Scrum master
- To deepen their knowledge on Scrum
Seasoned agilists all set to help organizations realize suprior way of implementation and execution.
Why does Scrum work?
Which are the theoretical foundations and principles?
How does Scrum differ from traditional software development and why is it better for product development?
In this section, we experience the benefits of Scrum.
How is Scrum theory implemented through time-boxes events, roles, rules, and artifacts?
How can these be used most effectively?
We will experience why Scrum framework is constructed as it is and how you as a Scrum Master can effectively use Scrum to control risks and create maximum value.
Who was supposed to be a good product owner?
What is the role of a Product Owner does in Scrum?
Do they write a story or maximize value?
Why do we need a Scrum Master?
Who decides Scrum Master for the team?
What’s the meaning of Self-Organized Development Team?
Is the Self-organizing team good enough or do we need a self-managed team?
Are the developers’ cross-functional or Development Team is cross-functional?
Are you able to deliver truly done software?
What is the meaning of “DONE” in Scrum and why it is important?
The workshop not only focuses on differences between DONE and UNDONE but also brings out discussion about Technical Debts.
Participants have to learn the meaning of DONE increment by defining definitions in the workshop.
Why is not having technical debt critical to a growing organization?
Learning by doing is the key factor here. Participants work in a group like real scrum teams. They learn by practicing Scrum on a live project. Small Scrum team plays roles, create artifacts to understand transparency and use events for inspection and adaption.
Since Scrum is a process framework and to make processes work, the organization has to strive hard for resolving problems from the people and the team. There will be numerous group discussions around challenges that are faced by majority of these organizations while adopting Scrum.
It is more like an assessment to understand what organizations do good or not so good while practicing Scrum.
People identify areas that need further improvement to gain from Scrum.
Why is change hard and what can be done to make it real?
What are the organizational changes that are needed to see the benefits of Scrum?
An empowered Scrum Master can bring in positive change but change becomes difficult when the change agent is not pragmatic.
The workshop focuses on empowering change agent with all the required knowledge to facilitate the change.
Let’s understand the advantages and disadvantages of the agile way of working.
We will also have a discussion around the various models for organizational agility and ways to adopt it.
The focus will be on owning a roadmap for organizational agility vs renting processes.
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) assessment. PSM class in Houston, TX participants who attempt the PSM I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
You are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM II assessment once passing PSM I. The industry-recognized PSM certifications require a minimum passing score.
There are no prerequisites to attend the PSM training in Houston, TX and or to take up the exam. However, it is always recommended that you go through the Scrum Guide very well.
Ready to start working as a Scrum Master? Agilemania offers a 2-day PSM training in Houston, TX, aimed at beginning Scrum Masters, that can lead to your PSM certification. Download the brochure and check the different Focus Areas covered within these 2 days of training.
We are a team of Professional Scrum Trainers (PST) to facilitate PSM training in Houston, TX, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Philippines, and India.
What Participants Have to Say About Our Trainer
Preeth is talented and has a very good knowledge in Scrum and Agile processes. Training was not just of ppts , instead real time examples on how Agile is been used in different organization which he has worked with which i think is a excellent way of providing knowledge and instructions. i recommend Preeth strongly for any of the Agile training and certification requirements.
Thank you very much for the fantastic sessions on Scrum.
We have been thinking of trying out agile in our organization for quite some time, however were not confident enough. The training sessions during this week end has helped me understand scrum and have given me the courage to try out agile in our organization. Thank you very much for the lively sessions, the examples and case studies were dot on. Hats off to you sir...on your delivery style... thanks a ton.
We shall connect soon.
See the class schedule below, for more information contact us at email@example.com
PSM Training and Certification FAQ's
Seasoned agilists all set to help organizations realize suprior way of implementation and execution.
To be a Professional Scrum Master™, you have to undertake the Professional Scrum Master™ course, post- that, pass the Professional Scrum Master™ Certification examination.
Institutions are offering Professional Scrum Master™ certification at highly competitive rates and one can become a certified Professional Scrum Master™, without having to worry about budget and affordability. However, patience and a thorough thought process are equally significant.
Once you are a certified Professional Scrum Master™, your career will take a turn in an extensively desirable way.
Apart from being a mentor to other teams and companies, explore below some other roles that are open to a certified Professional Scrum Master™.
- Certified Scrum Master® (CSM®)
- Information Technology (IT) Consultant
- Senior Software Engineer
- Senior Business Analyst
- Systems Analyst
- Project Manager, Information Technology (IT)
Undertaking a PSM™ course in Houston, TX and earning a certification establishes several new opportunities for a professional.
Some of the most significant ones are:
- Earning the status of an industry-recognized Professional Scrum Master™.
- Get remarkable recognition throughout the industry.
- The capability to take on projects that require knowledge of SCRUM management.
- The ability to market their skills and thus negotiate better benefits at the current workplace or new ones
Attending the PSM course is one of the most efficient pathways to becoming a certified Professional Scrum Master™.
The benefits include:
- Gain a solid understanding of Scrum knowledge
- Interactive session with the best trainers in the market.
- Get noteworthy recognition throughout the industry and become an industry-recognized Professional Scrum Master™
- After getting the certification, get better job opportunities at your workplace and new ones as well.
The main topics that are covered in the PSM training are:
- Basics of Scrum Methodology: A clear understanding of Scrum theory and principles
- Definition of DONE: Explore the Definition of Done in Scrum
- Scrum in organizations: To start using Scrum effectively in an organization
- The role of Scrum Master: Insights into servant-leadership for understanding the role of a Scrum Master- for Scrum Teams and other stakeholders.
Follow the steps to Enroll for the course.
- Enroll for the course.
- Pay the training fee, which is inclusive of the exam fee
- After the successful completion of the course, participants will receive a password to attend the PSM I assessment.
- If the participants take the assessment within 14 days (of receiving this email with the password), and scores less than 85%, they are entitled to the 2nd attempt at no cost.
No, the Professional Scrum Master™ Certification doesn’t need renewal.
PDUs are expanded as Professional Development Units which are issued by the Project Management Institute. A candidate is given access to the PDU when they complete the Scrum Master course. One PDU is awarded for one hour of training.