To perform the role of a SAFe® Practitioner, attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in their enterprise
- Know their team and its role on the Agile Release Train
- Know all other teams on the train, their roles, and the dependencies between the teams
- Plan Iterations
- Execute Iterations and demonstrate value
- Plan Program Increments
- Integrate and work with other teams on the train
- Team Structure: High performing agile teams, the Scrum Master role, and the Product Owner role. At scale, teams, Scrum Masters, and Product Owners have additional responsibilities and challenges.
- Building Backlogs:Writing user stories and other backlog items, sizing and prioritizing using lean economics via Weighted Shortest Job First, writing acceptance criteria, and building acceptance tests. At scale, team backlogs are part of the enterprise backlog model for integrating with the program and portfolio.
- Sprint Execution:Planning, backlog grooming, tracking, demoing, and continuous improvement. At scale, these include team-level and program-level ceremonies and events.
- Software Engineer Practices: Strategies to avoid “water-falling” a sprint, TDD, ATTD, automated testing, and continuous integration. At scale, technology and practices must also facilitate distributed development.
- Launching the Agile Release Train (ART)Preparation for the first program-level Release Planning Meeting.
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Practitioner (SP) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
Course certificate of completion. Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
- Exam name– SAFe 4 Practitioner Exam
- Exam format– Multiple choice, Multiple Select
- Exam duration– Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions– 45
- Passing score– 35 out of 45 (78% passing score)
- Exam cost– First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy– Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any retake questions.